Responsibilities of all members of Student Executive Council:
- Attend the Officer Trainings in April during Flex, All SEC Training in May (5/20) and mandatory SEC Retreat on August 11, 2020. (If you cannot attend the August Retreat, you should not run for office.)
- Help with school-wide events (e.g. Homecoming, Dances, lunchtime activities, NIOS, Spring Fling, Rallies, etc.) by running games, decorating, cleaning up, and any other assigned tasks
- Dress up for all dress-up days.
- Represent their class and/ or the Student Body as a whole
- Supports class council/ all-class events as needed.
- Regular attendance in class to discuss issues relating to school climate and policy.
- Support final decisions made by group consensus in SEC.
- Discuss and approve all club and school group events.
- Participate in and complete all class assignments (Impact Project, Legacy Portfolio, and others)
- Make posters and help with publicity
- Participate in all SEC/ School/ District committee meetings as assigned
- Runs or is a member of SEC Event Teams as they relate to officer position.
- Work well with your peers and try to improve Gunn
- Be prepared for weekend and evening commitments as well as times when regular class periods will be missed to assist with SEC responsibilities.
Position-Specific Responsibilities (Ratified by SEC on 2/19/2020)
Student Body President
District School Board Student Representative
(Must be a Senior in 20-21 school year)
Junior Class Site Council/PTSA Representative (this is a 2-year position – must be a junior in ‘20-‘21)
Class Presidents (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)