Responsibilities of all members of Student Executive Council:
- Attend the Officer Training in April during Flex, SEC Training in May (Date TBD) and mandatory SEC Retreat on either August 9th or 10th, 2021 (to be confirmed once fall schedule is set). (If you cannot attend the August Retreat, you should not run for office.)
- Help with school-wide events (e.g. Homecoming, Dances, lunchtime activities, NIOS, Spring Fling, Rallies, etc.) by running games, decorating, cleaning up, and any other assigned tasks
- Dress up for all dress-up days.
- Represent their class and/ or the Student Body as a whole
- Supports class council/ all-class events as needed.
- Regular attendance in class to discuss issues relating to school climate and policy.
- Support final decisions made by group consensus in SEC.
- Discuss and approve all club and school group events.
- Participate in and complete all class assignments (Impact Project, Legacy Portfolio, and others)
- Make posters and help with publicity
- Participate in all SEC/ School/ District committee meetings as assigned
- Runs or is a member of SEC Event Teams as they relate to officer position.
- Work well with your peers and try to improve Gunn
- Be prepared for weekend and evening commitments as well as times when regular class periods will be missed to assist with SEC responsibilities.
Position-Specific Responsibilities (Ratified by SEC on 2/19/2020)
Student Body President
District School Board Student Representative
(Must be a Senior in 20-21 school year)
Junior Class Site Council/PTSA Representative (this is a 2-year position – must be a junior in ‘20-‘21)
Class Presidents (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)